Escape to Maine and let us show you the best of Acadia National Park. Experience the dramatic beauty of Maine’s rockbound coast, enjoy car-free cycling on tree-lined carriage roads. Bask in the sun on a scenic ferry ride, and eat a lobster within spitting distance of the boat that caught it.
Let us show you Acadia as only the locals can. Our Exploring Acadia weekend is great for cyclists of all levels and features the only 4 diamond waterfront property in Bar Harbor.
- Discover Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor
- Enjoy Lobster Fresh from the Ocean
- Cycle Acadia’s Famous Carriage Roads
Price $1295.00 pp
Pick Up / Drop Off
Leaders will meet you at the inn in Bar Harbor
Day 1 – Park Loop Road
We meet on Friday at 2:00 pm in Bar Harbor, the gateway to Acadia National Park. Today we will cycle the famous Park Loop Road as it winds its way along the coast and through the Park. Visit Thunder Hole, and Sand Beach two of the park’s highlights and the ambitious can cycle up Cadillac Mountain. Tonight, dinner at a favorite restaurant.
- 21 or 28 miles
- Meals: Dinner
- Lodging: First of 2 Nights at The Harborside Hotel
Day 2 – The Schoodic Peninsula
Today we enjoy a unique ferry ride across Frenchman Bay to Winter Harbor and the Schoodic Peninsula. We experience the dramatic power of the open ocean as it crashes along the Schoodic’s rugged shore. Explore the charming town of Winter Harbor and cycle through the Grindstone Neck home to some lovely summer cottages before cycling to the fishing village of Corea for a walk on a secret beach. In the evening we enjoy fresh Maine lobster.
- 15, 29, or 35 miles
- Meals: Breakfast & Lunch & Dinner
- Lodging: Second of 2 Nights at The Harborside Hotel
Day 3 – Acadia’s Carriage Roads
Picture breathtaking scenery, gentle grades, and car-free cycling, and you have Acadia’s famous carriage roads. A gift of John D. Rockefeller to help the people of America enjoy Acadia’s beauty the carriage roads offer the opportunity to cycle through stately forests of pine and birch and to enjoy panoramic views of Mount Desert Island. Note: the tour generally concludes between 1:00 and 3:00 pm.
- 12, 20, or 35 miles
- Meals: Breakfast
- Two nights’ lodging
- All lodging taxes and gratuities
- Most meals – including two dinners, two breakfasts at the hotel, and lunch on Saturday
- All taxes and gratuities for these meals
- Expenses paid for ferry transits, and entrance into the National Park
- Experienced Summer Feet Guides
- Detailed route notes and maps
- Van support including fresh water, ample snacks, and “relief rides”
- Summer Feet Souvenirs – a cycling water bottle and t-shirt (available in men’s and women’s fit)
- Alcoholic beverages are not included in the package price and are always at your discretion
Exploring Acadia $1295.00 per person
Bike Rentals: Hybrid Bike Rental: Included
Lodging Extras: Single Supplement: $300.00
“This trip receives the coveted “exceeds expectations” award! We look forward to another trip.”
“The carriage roads are awesome! We had a great time. Enjoyed our fellow travelers and guides tremendously. We are used to the flatlands of the Midwest, so the “gently rolling’ hills came as a bit of a surprise to me. But after I learned how to pace myself better going up, things fell into place. We hope to join you on another trip in the future. Thank you and your staff for a wonderful time.”
“Excellent dining and activities on Summer Feet tours. Knowledge of cycling itineraries, good instructions and maps.”
“[Heather was] warm and welcoming, very supportive, and made it fun for me. [Nick] thinks about details, enjoys his responsibility, and made me feel safe and looked after.”